Wednesday, May 2, 2007

So This is Blogging...

I have a question. Do you hear God's call?

Personally, I'm not sure. Six years ago, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior (my tale of redemption later), and I have always felt a strong conviction to do God's will. That doesn't necessarily mean I stop what I am doing and go to seminary. But my current vocation (art director) does not glorify God directly, other than being able to provide for my family and contributing to my company's success, thereby helping my co-workers provide for their families as well.

But something is still missing in my life. Is it God's call?

As I said, I'm not sure. I would love to give sermons as a full time profession, but pastoring a flock is more than speaking for 30 minutes every Sunday. I am fully aware of the ensuing depression and hardships that befall all our pastors and I feel I am either not ready for that or simply not strong enough for that. But I still have this nagging urge to speak on God's word and what truths It has revealed to me. Hence, the purpose of this blog.

A friend suggested I start something like when I told him the same thing as I've written above. So I'm going to try it. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: